Thursday, 17 January 2008

Another 2k fail, not so bad this time

From freespiritsrowing.com

Tried again tonight. Much better mentally, good warm up and didn't fret about DF - just left it as my normal.

Things going OK to 1,000m (0.1s behind target pace) but I began to fall behind at this point and handled down at 1400m in. Twice as far as yesterday though. Sitting here 5 minutes afterwards, my lungs are very iffy and I suspect I need to take my inhaler regularly for the next two weeks. I have now had sore/wheezy lungs after every 2,000m effort since (and including) BIRC. I promise to take my inhaler.

I have to be realistic and say that 6:40 is not going to happen at EIRC. I'll recover over the next couple of days and attempt a 6:45 at the weekend I think. If I fail to make that I will aim for 6:50 next week.

Odd that I am lighter than BIRC 2006 and a completely different shape but unable to match that time (yet!).

Metres today: 6,016

No comments: