Friday, 29 June 2007

2 x 10' AT - managed it this time!

Tonight was the exact same session (2 x 10' AT @ 172/26) as my depressing effort two nights ago. I was determined not to stop tonight. I also managed to avoid trying for a 666m before hand which helps. As usual, after a good row I feel much better about life.

The session went well. Happy with 2,744 @ 1:49.3 and 2,598 @ 1:55.5. The first piece started hard but I got used to the heart rate and settled. The second piece was comfortable, well, as comfortable as an AT piece can be. They felt "right".

Interesting week next week at school. Timetable is suspended for the whole school and we are having our first activities week. On Monday I am at Colchester Zoo and Tuesday Hatfield Forest. The last three days I am in school doing a variety of activities. My form want to make me a costume in the "recycled fashion show" which could be, er, interesting. Possibly photos to follow?!

Metres today: 8,383

1 comment:

jglynn said...

Hello Thomas

The book I was talking about is

Genome by Matt Ridley

It's from 1999 so there might be an updated version from him now (in such a new field) .
Interesting read, it has 23 chapters for each of the chromosones and talks about some interesting gene in each one

Best of luck
John