My 39th birthday yesterday. Harriet helped me relax by bringing me her book of animals (everything is a 'dack' but she knows what a Donkey is!) for the 3rd time that morning (it was 8:00am). A big breakfast to celebrate led to eating me out for lunch, having an evening off rowing in preparation for my Cordon Bleu dinner cooked by MBH. She is a truly fantastic cook and the fact I can lose weight whilst enjoying her wide variety of meals is testimony to the power of the concept 2 rowing machine! Pictured below is me with my parents. The badge is a gift from my lovely form at school and says "Old And Past it".
Today I took the kids to London and again ate lunch - making it three bigs meals in a row plus breakfast - and no rowing. Not feeling to bright by the end of this. Possibly a combination of a slight cold, not enough sleep, drinking wine and a lot of rich food? MBH and I were discussing how much we used to eat. It is quite astounding what we used to put away. Just being fit really reduces the appetite. e.g. we used to have croissant every Sunday morning but now cannot face them as too greasy!
So tonight I took on a gentle 42 minutes at UT2 (144 heart rate/19 rate). Unsurprisingly the taught nature of my belly made rowing a little uncomfortable and I found compressing a little uncomfortable. But I took my medicine and completed the distance. My back has been a bit odd recently and I should have warmed up thoroughly. I didn't and had some soreness in the first few minutes. I lowered the damper for about 5 minutes and then eased it back up to 8 bit by bit. The distance I covered was 10,134 @ 2:04.3 which is OK given my discomfort and compares well with the 2:04.4 48 minute piece I did a few days ago.
Crappy warm up/down today. Must improve that tomorrow.
Metres today: 11,334
1 comment:
Good job on completing the row when bloated .
I'm the same with greasy food now . Can't really eat it .
Post a Comment