
Pete Jain aka Jainser aka Shrek came to lunch on Sunday with his family. We had a really nice time. The kids got on famously and spent almost the entire time playing at the back of the garden in the new "play area" I finished at Easter. It was a great success. Well worth the effort of lugging the 32 bags of bark all the way up my garden! The kids got on brilliantly and my older ones were very VERY sorry to see the three Jains depart. They have been telling me today about the games they were taught by the mini-Shreks.
Pete was in good form, and despite my accidentally smashing one of the beers Pete brought we managed to chug down a few bottles. I think Pete was holding back though so as not to embarrass me. He's a real gent.
So, I didn't row yesterday. I had some wine with lunch today - but felt I HAD to row today. The C2 programme was something like 3 x 1' which was ridiculous. The previous day was 3 x 12' AT so I went for the happy medium and a CTC piece at AT heart rate (171 for me). This is as much to see what it would feel like for a full CTC effort later in the week. I pulled a 22:52.5 @ 1:54.4 which was OK I thought. When I saw that Mr Jain had pulled a (not AT!) 1:48.2 this put my piece in perspective. A 1:48 is a long. long way off... As is challenging the big green monster at BIRC 2007.Metres today: 10,079
No comments:
Post a Comment