Today was supposed to be another sub 7. In fact I felt so good that I was planning to do two with a half hour break.
The warm up went well, and I still felt good. But I stopped after 1,500m. It was hurting but the average split had not gone below 1:45 (I was moving along at 1:44.9). Someties when I stop I am surprised, and I guess this was one of those times. But to be fair, 1,000m felt a very long way.
Looking back after warming down I am a bit annoyed. the point of this is to get used to the distance, and how it feels to be under the cosh. I was working hard to get to 1,500m but thought that the psychological battle would be won once I had 50 strokes to go. Sadly I just stopped!! Given how up for it I was this surprises me. Tomorrow I will stick it to the end I think, whatever the split. Who knows, if I had managed another 20 strokes maybe I could have brought the split down in the push for home.
Is this possible? We'll see tomorrow. If I cannot make it I will do a recovery row on Wednesday - I have a parents' evening anyway so won't be up to much.
Metres today: 5,561
No comments:
Post a Comment