Aaaargh, that was interesting. A long (full timetable with break and lunch detentions to deal with) meant I was tired and not time for lunch meant I was full (scoffed about six slices of bread between 4:30 and 6:00pm) when I came out to row at 7pm. I also forgot to take my inhaler, so my expectations were pretty low.
I therefore decided to go off gently and not worry if I fell behind the pace. and would nominally look to negative split the row (1:46 for the first 800, 1:45 for the next 600, 1:44/400, 1:43/200). I felt I could give the pace boat a length and still nail it on the finish becaseu it would not speed up!!
The row panned out well. Low expectations meant that I did not panic, and in teh end the split did not drop below 1:45.4 throughout. I aimed to keep below 1:45 from 500m to go then nailed it at 1:40s from 200 in. Still way off my best but my legs were feeling it today and I reckon that is good. Tomorrow a long recovery row I reckon. Probably a 10k at 2:00 hopefully.
1:45.3 - hr=167
1:45.4 - hr=176
1:45.6 - hr=179
1:43.3 - hr=182
6:59.6
Metres today: 6,000
No comments:
Post a Comment