I have got the spreadsheet and the instructions and the Pete Plan starts on Wednesday.
Today I wanted to do a fairly hard 10km to see how the lungs were. I set off at suicidal pace for me (sub 1:50) but felt great. Rowing long and strong I felt released from the virus and BIRC tension. Could I carry on an shatter my 10km PB I wondered?
No.
I got quite tired, quite quickly. I backed off at 2,500m and settled to 1:52s, deciding that I was not going to slip below 1:55s for the rest of the piece. Ah, the folly of an unfatigued mind.
My split wobbled at 6,500m and I spent the next 2,000 hanging on at sub 2:00 pace. At this point under 38 minutes looked just about possible. I dug in and scraped home in 37:56.9, 40 seconds (or 2 seconds per 500m) slower than my PB.
I am actually quite pleased that I came through a relatively hard piece pretty well. I have not rowed with freedom for a while, so today was a big step in the right direction.
Metres today: 11,528
No comments:
Post a Comment