Another good day. The C2 plan had 2 x 16' UT1 but I already had a 2 x 15' in RowPro so went with that. I am still coming back after all and it was near enough. I felt strong in the first and comfortable in the second, doing 3934m and 3755m. I went a lot further in the first than I did in an equivalent session on 2nd September last year, so I am progressing it seems.
I spotted a comment on the web site about the queue of volunteers waiting to help out with the club. Great! I hope that actions follow words though. The kind offers of help with the newsletter failed to materialise and in the end I cobbled one together to mark the 24 x 7. I am not upset by this in any way - I think that people truly want to help but find that making the time is challenging with all the rowing, living, and, heaven help us, working to earn a crust. I would love to see someone pick up the ELM - but it was me that made the new league and added a couple of standard challenges. People have posted to that but no new challenges have appeared. This is possibly "challenge fatigue"? I know I suffer from it. And very few people have entered times. It really needs someone to pick it up and get people going again. But it won't be me!
Metres today: 9772
No comments:
Post a Comment