I have been a bit remiss in blogging my rows recently. It has been a difficult week but all has settled down now.
With the Evesham Golden Mile on the horizon (just over two weeks) I am starting to focus on 1 mile (1,609m) rows. After the 40 before 40 I thought that I would be able to nail a sub 1:40 mile without too much bother. Two days ago I handled down at 800m, not even half way. Not even as far as each one of my 40 1k rows! My agonizing fly and die half marathon on Saturday might have something to do with that. I tried again on Wednesday and got to 1,200m and could have probably finished it off if I had had to.
Today I wared up properly, then felt I needed to complete a 1,609m row to get a feel for the distance. I set up a pace boat at 1:45 but immediately felt that 1:42 was comfortable and dug in. With 150m left I put the "pedal to the metal" and got home in a 1:41.3 split. This is not much slower than my race debut in 2006 and I was "comfortable". Good news. If I can keep pulling it together (no pun intended) I hope I can go well under a 1:40 split at Evesham, maybe even get under 5:19. In my dreams I will be close to a 1:38 split, but things have got to go really well for that to happen and I suspect I will have to row every day (and hard) in the run up.
Metres today: 8,777
No comments:
Post a Comment