One of the few times I have really wibbled and given up and remember the trauma was on the sprint pyramid. I remember getting totally caught out on the 1k after the 250m, 500m and 750m appeared to go well. One moment banging along, one moment the desperate need to stop, but on the Pete Plan you can't afford that.
So I entered my first go at the sprint pyramid with some trepidation.
250m / 1:30 1:42.2 / 26 250 148 Not getting excited
500m / 3:00 1:44.8 / 25 500 164 Striding out and saving myself
750m / 4:30 1:45.6 / 25 750 171 Saving myself for later
1000m / 6:00 1:44.9 / 26 1,000 177 wanted that sub 1:45
750m / 4:30 1:43.3 / 27 750 178 Held then sprinted for home
500m / 3:00 1:37.6 / 35 500 179 Kept pushing
250m / 1:30 1:30.3 / 43 250 176 Hard hard harder
It went better than I could have hoped. I more convinced I could do a sub 7 2k, I just need the intensity and to get over the mental block.
This was an overall split of 1:42.7. Not too shabby.
No comments:
Post a Comment