Sunday, 24 May 2009

Wolfie and Rowpro and another 30 mins

I as going to do a 10k on Thursday, and had just turned on the PC when I noticed a text from Wolfie (a rowing friend). This is miraculous, since, as a teacher, I have my phone on silent and rarely check it. Wolfie was inviting me to a RowPro 10k later in the day.

This was a noble offer, I suspect that he is the only person who reads this training diary and would have known I was struggling. A 10k on-line would keep me honest, and in the end it did!

Wolfie was aiming to pace me, and I was wondering whether his piece was rate or heart rate capped. so, as he edged away from me I decided to put in three hard strokes every 500m and see if I could creep up on him without him noticing my bursts... Well, the plan partially worked in that as soon as I caught up he zapped off in to the far distance. At this point my left leg went numb again and I had to slow right down and fiddle with my posture for about 1,000m, by which time he had kindly come back to me.

I tried to sprint for home but he casually paced me... It was a good indicator of the form I am capable of - Wolfie and I had an epic race last year at BIRC! The RowPro event was a good workout for my arm, and I was painless throughout, although the bruise has spread out and worked its way through to the other side of the arm. I am glad I noticed the text message. Wolfie is a good friend since he didn't beat me by too much!

Tonight, after another two days off, I tried anouther 30 mins at under 2:00 split. I managed it OK, but again had discomfort in my left leg. I have not had this since I rowed on water, and a seat pad saved me then. Maybe mine is wearing out!?

Metres in last two rows: 15,555 ish

1 comment:

strider77 said...

hang on in there Thomas :D

strider