Sunday, 24 January 2010

Moving on to the weight loss programme


I was looking at the programme I initially selected. It was the C2 2,000m programme. Given that I am still somewhat heavy, but have been losing some mass during my time here in NZ, I decided to switch to the C2 weight loss programme. It appears to be longer rows which suits me. Since I gain 1 second in split for every kg I lose I reckon where my mass goes my 2k time will follow. In face I will be experimenting with the "2k time as scales" approach since we have no scales here!

The programme at - http://tinyurl.com/ye8eofz - said 2 x 25' UT1 which for me means 164HR @ 22sr. 50 minutes of rowing! More than I have done in one day since 18th July 2009 (and that included the warm up and warm down).

I like the C2 approach because you can ignore the split and row carefully to heart rate and stroke rate. I like to play "how many strokes can you get on target 22/164?" I managed 5, which is about par. By the end I was rowing at 2:18 but my heart rate was on target.

The two pieces:
6,107 @ 2:02.8
5,722 @ 2:11.1

I'm happy. Got a good sweat up. Feel pleased with myself. Self esteem points scored.

No comments: